Cloud computing has become an essential tool for many organisations. However, with so many cloud services available, it's easy to spend more than you need to on developing the best strategy. To make the most of your cloud investment, it's important to be “Cloud Smart”.
What does it mean to be Cloud Smart? It means being informed and making intelligent decisions about your cloud computing strategy. It involves taking into consideration the cost, security, and technical aspects of cloud computing and making informed decisions about how you use and implement your workloads and applications.
Here are some best practices for being Cloud Smart:
1. Conduct a thorough evaluation of your cloud needs and requirements: Before you start using cloud services, it's important to understand your specific needs and requirements. This includes determining what types of workloads you will run in the cloud, what performance and security requirements you have, and what your budget is for cloud services. After all, not all workloads are best suited to public cloud…
2. Evaluate different cloud service providers and their offerings: With so many cloud service providers available, it's important to compare their offerings and determine which one is the best fit for your needs. Consider factors such as cost, performance, security, and ease of use. Partners like Inca Cloud are experts in cloud strategy and evaluation.
3. Implement cost optimisation strategies to reduce cloud spending: Cloud computing has some huge benefits, but it's important to keep an eye on what you are spending and make sure you're not overpaying for cloud services. We have touched on this in a previous blog, which you can find more detail of here: https://www.inca-cloud.com/post/cloud-cost-optimisation-point-in-time-or-continuous-improvement
4. Ensure robust security measures are in place: Security is a top priority for many organisations, and it's essential to have the proper security measures in place when using cloud services. This includes encrypting sensitive data, implementing access controls, and regularly monitoring for potential security threats.
5. Analyse where workloads and applications should be: By implementing a hybrid-cloud strategy, organisations can have the best of both worlds in terms of cost, scalability, security, and data privacy. You can ensure greater control and security of sensitive data with a private cloud, whilst the public cloud offers cost-effective and scalable computing resources… at a moment’s notice.
6. Consider a multi-cloud strategy: A multi-cloud strategy involves using multiple cloud service providers to meet your specific needs. This can provide you with more options, improved security, and a better overall experience.
By following these best practices, organisations can be Cloud Smart and make the most of their cloud investment. Whether you're just getting started with cloud computing or you're already using cloud services, these practices will help you optimise your cloud strategy and ensure that you're making the most of your cloud investment.
At Inca Cloud, we have a market leading toolset to assist with the management and deployment of workloads and applications, regardless of whether they are located on-premises, or in public cloud. We help organisations make informed decisions on how best to implement and improve their cloud strategy, ultimately saving money, improving security, and ensuring the optimal use of your resources.
Speak to Inca Cloud today to see how we can help your organisation take the first step towards being Cloud Smart…